Monday, April 27, 2009

Dream Big!



I have been really watching my kids lately and how they grow so fast!!! It is exciting and makes me sad all at the same time! Isn't the range of emoitions that you have as a parent strange?? I am thrilled to see them grow and change and become themselves!! I am so proud of their accomplishments and I feel sad when they sorrow over something!!! Over all, I want what is best for them.... but, I don't always know what that is. I often tell people that it is so weird that you, as a young couple, can be sent home from the hospital just a few days after having a baby. How do you know what to do??? I think that, really, the only way that we learn and survive is the emmense love that we have for our kids! That is what teaches us how to take care of them (along with a few wiser loved ones and some awesome magazines)!!! I really have been thinking of this because I see what some of the struggles are going to be in their future, and I would like them to grow because of these things instead of be crushed by them! I am always reminded of my kids every time I hear Ryan Shupes song: Dream Big.

When you cry be sure to dry your eyes, cause better days are sure to come!
When you smile, smile wide and don't let them know that they have won!
When you walk, walk with pride! Don't show the hurt inside because the pain will soon be gone!
When you pray, pray for strength to help you carry on when the troubles come your way!
When you laugh, laugh out laoud cause it will carry all your cares away!
And when you dream, DREAM BIG! as big as the ocean blue!!
Cause when you dream it might come true... so when you dream, DREAM BIG!!!

Aren't these words so perfect for the things we want for our children!?! I hope that our children will always follow their dreams and know that they can achieve anything that they want! And we, as parents, will be here cheering them on and helping them whenever possible!

-Shari



1 comment:

  1. That is exactly true. We wish the best for our kids and sacrifice our lives, wants and sometimes dreams for them because that great love overpowers our own needs. They are the ones teaching us who we really are and through them we have the opportunity to become who we are supposed to be. As overwhelming as it can be, parenthood and especially motherhood is the ultimate experience that gives us a glimpse of what divinity really is. The hardest part is to learn to give them freedom to choose because we know that they might get hurt. Heavenly Father goes through that all the time...

    Love the words to that song!

    ReplyDelete