Monday, March 9, 2009

Let it Stop.....I mean snow!

Today has been a day full of emotional eating for me. When it is freezing cold outside and the snow is endlessly pouring down from Heaven, my little soul starts going into a strange panic! The only thing to cure this panic is by eating everything I see i.e. cereal, toast, fruit snacks, macaroni and cheese, and the list goes on and on. I ate some fun-size candy bars that Allie had been hording in her room for a month, and you know what? None of this made me feel better!!! I just feel sick and the candy bars didn't provide enough chocolate!! Who invented those stupid bite-size things???So I ran downstairs to jump on the trampoline to burn off all the guilt... I mean calories I just devoured.
Hopefully we will have plenty of water this summer, because we sure had enough snow!!! And you know something else? They couldn't even find it in their hearts to cancel school today, even when there was already a foot of snow on the ground when it was time to leave! It took me 20 min. to drive to the school and 20 min. to get home!
On the up-side our nice neighbor, across the street, plowed our driveway! Please tell me I am not the only one that has this type of trauma in the winter?

-Shari

2 comments:

  1. I understand Shari. I have been eating all day too, but alas I have not made it to bed yet and fear that I will continue snacking. I did clean the rest of the basement out, does that count as exercise? Even so, probably not enough for all the lucky charms and rocky road ice cream I have eaten. I really, really, really want spring to come and stick around too. Want to come to my house on Thursday for preschool and we can discuss this over a bag of reeses peanut butter cups?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year in January - March I dream of moving to Arizona or Southern Utah. I am so tired of the snow and the cold. You are soooo not alone on this one. And just for the record, skinny, I could totally take you on any emotional eating contest. Bring it on. =)

    ReplyDelete