Monday, February 16, 2009

So it's the beginning of another week and Josh is back on swing shift for 2 weeks. I hate rotton swing shift!!!! I always feel like a single parent when he is working afternoons and into the night. Sometimes I feel like I am going to pull my hair out when all the kids are running around screaming right before bed and daddy is not here to give them the smack-down! You know.... the smack-down just isn't as motivating when it comes from mom. it's something about telling your kids that you are going to get their Father that scares the begeebers out of them!! I really struggle when he is on swing shift so I, like my sister, am going to list 10 things that I am grateful for so that I can make it through these next 2 weeks!

1- I Love that when I wake up in the morning that my husband is still in bed beside me!
2- I am glad that I don't have to take Cael to get his shots by myself tomorrow!
3- Draycin actually wants to spend time with me at night because daddy is not here!
4- We have lots of chocolate laying around our house from Valentines that I can eat!
5- We always seem to get piano and homework done quicker when I am in charge!
6- I can go to bed at 8 or 9 when the kids do and not be called an old grandma!
7- It is so nice to have josh around in the mornings! He helps so much!
8- I can sit at the computer and write this post, and not be wasting anyone elses time!
9- I am grateful that my husband has always made it home safely! knock on wood!
10- I am thankful for my home where I am safe and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment