Friday, February 13, 2009

It all started with this naughty little face! Surely I am not alone in what my husband calles "weird nicknames".
You see we all love our children, and sometimes we experience this love so strongly that it comes oozing out of our bodies in "weird" ways. For me, it is a slightly strange, but very affectionate nick name for my children.
Here to the left is Bushes. Pronounced BOOOSHIS. Truly he came up with that one on his own, and it has become his " Love name" from me despite my husband pleading with me to just call him Draycin.








Here to the right is Cael A.K.A. Goobu. pronounced phonetically as it is spelled. it first started out as Booboo and has transformed, over the past seven months, into Goobu or Goob for short. This is very hard for my husband to accept as he has a stong sense of calling your child what you name them.









Here We have this Beautiful, talented and sweet girl! I tried everything you can imagine with her "Love name" from girlfriend to sista. When you are as beautiful, sweet and talented as Allie you musn't be embarrassed by your step-mom calling you weird names in front of your friends though. Finally... she became Sissy! a name she proudly accepts. after all when you have 3 little brothers that all adore you, You must have a nick name, and everyone want's their sissy!
















Here is my tough guy (just look at this picture): This is Brenton or Bwenton as I enjoy calling him. Since Brenton was 2 he has always called me Shawee. I Love this and write my name that way on things. Thus, this little boy gave me a "Love name" and by doing so inherited his own!


















Last but not least is my husband Josh who will curl up and die after I post this. As you can see in the picture, we are with Jim Brickman. Or Jimmie as we affectionately call him...Ha ha ha!

Josh proposed to me at one of his concerts! on stage in front of everyone! he is so irrisistably sweet and thoughtful that he became "My Sexy Man" a name that I have to refrain myself from using around the children. no explination needed.... I know he secretly loves that I call him that, but couldn't admit to it because then he would have to rest his case about the other "weird" names I have given our family.



So this is my family!!! I love every single one of them, and I hope you will enjoy coming along for our Never Ending Story!!!

-Shari

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! I love blogging and facebook. Brandon will be so excited because now I have an other blog to stay updated on. He makes fun of my time spent on the computer catching up people's lives. Hope you are all doing well.
    Love, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the "e" stand for in your address? Are you announcing something? Evelyn maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh - your blog is so fun, clever, and creative!! I can't believe you waited this long to start one, you talented Shawee!

    We have nicknames in our house too. Too funny!! Larissa is bones. Connor is Bubba. Elora is Alice. Weird and strange, I know - but definitely terms of affection.

    Fun blog - I'm so happy you started it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your secret about the sexy man is safe with me for I will NEVER call him that, especially in front of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was reading this I was ROTFLOL!! There's things even I don't know about you, sista. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post after a REALLY long day. My house may be a pigsty but at least I'm smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete