Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our 5th Anniversary!!

My sweet hubby planned our anniversary this year! He called and reserved a place to stay in Bear Lake (thanks mom) for the night of our anniversary and we had a complete blast! We hopped in the car after dropping off the kids at my in-laws! thanks Mark and Julie! Josh stopped and bought me these beautiful flowers on our way! This is where we stayed! It was very nice! Of course we had to get pictures of us together! thank heavens for timers on the camera!

So sweet our children would be disgusted! ha ha!

We immediately got changed and headed out to Bear Lake! And no I didn't get my hair wet, but I did get in the water up to my neck and I think that counts as still having fun!

Love letters in the sand!

Josh soaking up all of the Bear Lake goodness!!

I made a sand castle. What does it look like to you?

Our piggie toes in the sand!

We went back to world mark, got changed and fixed dinner: steak, salad, cheesy focacia bread, and fruit salad. Yum!! We ate outside as the sun went down. It was very romantic!

The next morning we wanted to go play some tennis and swim in the pool before we checked out, but the tennis court was full and the pool had a ton of people so we packed up and headed to Bloomington lake! This is us hiking up to see the lake.

Close up!

The beautiful glacier lake! Josh was brave and got in. I can only imagine how cold it was because that is snow still melting right into the lake in the middle of July!

Josh attempting to get used to the cold. At least the picture doesn't show you all the freaking out and shaking he did to get that far into the water.

They have an awesome swing there that you can swing off of into the water! Josh did it 3 times!

Check out his face! You hit that water and it sucks the breath right out of you!

We drove back into Bear Lake and looked at all the shops! then Josh took me to the play house where we saw "Bandito Rides Again". It was very funny! Then we ate at one of the burger places and topped it off with a raspberry shake which makes every Bear Lake trip complete!
We stayed in Bear lake for our honeymoon and did all the exact same things 5 years ago so it was a lot of fun to go and make new memories in our favorite places!
Thanks for the great anniversary! I Love You Honey!!!
-Shari

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun, and a nice break from the kids! Happy anniversary you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shari! Just found your blog from Heather Moores
    Cute blog and your family is so adorable!
    Happy Late Birthday and late Anniversary too! You guys look like you had such a great time. We say we are going to do that every year, but then we settle for something small like dinner. I think for our 10th we'll have to go big to make up for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks you two! We had a blast! Nicole I am glad that you found me on here! I would Love to read your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete