Monday, September 27, 2010

Chocolate cake and hopes for a better tomorrow

I am sitting here drowning my sorrows in the left over chocolate cake from Draycin's birthday yesterday. Today was not good. I cried my eyes out yesterday night on the way home from my family's house. I feel so empty...like someone is always missing. I am blessed to have 4 kids for only the price of two and they fill life with joy and non stop activity! You would think that I would be satisfied. The loss of the baby has been incredibly hard on me. I so wanted that baby.... from the second I found out that I was expecting.... That child was mine. I understand and trust in Heavenly Father's will, and I know that everything will turn out as it should. I still feel such a loss. It is interesting to me how life goes, and yet I still can't help but wonder if there was something that I did to cause it. I wish that it would be over with so that I would stop thinking about it. I am so grateful for a wonderful loving husband and family!! They have been so sweet and good to check on me... to let me talk, to feed me and my family meals, to watch the kids! I have really been blessed! I am so grateful for all the love, help, support and good neighbors while I have not been feeling well.
Another bite of cake and here's to a better tomorrow!

-Shari

3 comments:

  1. Shari, I don't know what else to say except that I love you, I pray for you every day, I'm sorry and I will help you with whatever you need.

    Love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karlie! You are so sweet! You have been so helpful! I just feel like I need to get my feelings out every once in a while. I hope that you are doing well with your little one on the way! I Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shari I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to go through a miscarriage, it's so hard to have your baby ripped out of your life. Just remember that Heavenly Father has you and your childrens' best interest at heart and in the end you will be grateful for whatever course your life takes. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete